The sore throat affects people regardless of their age and usually disappears in a week. However, it can be a serious threat to children, smokers and people with allergies or a weak immune system. Due to the discomfort caused by the sore throat, we often look for quick relief, and that is exactly what are Apple Cider Vinegar For Sore Throat benefits.
How does apple cider vinegar help to relieve sore throat?
- Apple cider vinegar has antibacterial properties that fight the infection that bacteria cause.
- The acidity of the vinegar decreases the pH of the tissue, which prevents microbial growth.
- Apple cider vinegar contains prebiotic inulin, which increases white blood cells and strengthens your immune system.
- The natural expectorant nature of this vinegar loosens and thins the mucus or phlegm present in the throat. This helps to breathe and swallow easily.
How to use apple cider vinegar to treat sore throat?
Below I list some proven remedies to relieve sore throat with apple cider vinegar.
- Pure apple cider vinegar
This remedy will help you to speed up the healing process and relieve the symptoms of sore throat. You will feel 80% better after a single treatment.
- You have gargled using apple cider vinegar.
- Spit and this time drink a new sip of vinegar.
- Rinse your mouth with water to eliminate the accumulation of acid in the teeth.
- Repeat daily.
- Apple and honey vinegar
Honey helps soothe irritated skin and mucous membranes in the throat.
- Combine 8 oz of warm water, 1 tablespoon of honey and apple cider vinegar.
- Drink the mixture little by little, while it is still hot.
- Repeat if necessary.
- Vinegar with salt
- In a glass of warm water, dissolve 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Gargle using this mixture.
- Repeat several times a day.
- VSM, honey and lemon
- Add 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, 2 tablespoons of honey and 3 tablespoons of lemon juice to 16 ounces of water.
- Drink the mixture slowly.
- Repeat if necessary.
- VSM ginger and garlic paste
- Peel some slices of ginger and some cloves of garlic.
- Mix them to make a fine paste.
- Consume 1/4 to 1 1/2 teaspoon of the mixture.
- Combine 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water.
- Now drink this mixture.
- Repeat if necessary after a few hours.
Tips and precautions
- Make sure to rinse your mouth after gargling, sipping or drinking apple cider vinegar.
- For best results, use only raw, unpasteurized, organic apple cider vinegar that has a parent element.
- Whichever method you choose, repeat the process 2 or 3 times a day depending on the severity of the symptoms.
A sore throat can be a frustrating and annoying condition, however, with any of the above remedies, you can get relief as soon as possible. I also recommend you consult other home remedies for sore throat and discover the one that works best for you.