Your doctor will tell you that it is very important that you take your medication on time. However, many are not taking this seriously. If you take your prescription medications on time and as directed, you’ll be able to ensure that your body always has enough of the drug to keep you going and prevent you from getting sick.
Reasons Behind Medication Non-Adherence
There are a number of reasons why medications aren’t being taken as directed by the doctor. But of course, not all of them are intentional. However, you must remember that these medications are prescribed for a reason.
- Never Be Lazy. Even if you’re feeling a little better, it is still crucial that you continue taking your medications. Sticking to your prescribed schedule can be difficult, but you should never stop taking it. There are a number of life-threatening consequences if you don’t follow your doctor’s instructions, especially if it’s for a severe condition.
- Missing Doses To Save Money. While your doctor may not be aware that you’ve skipped a few doses, this doesn’t mean that it’s not harmful to the body and wellbeing. Don’t let the cost of treatment stop you from receiving the treatment you need. You can get advice from your doctor to find a good alternative.
Tips To Follow Prescribed Schedule
It’s critical to take your meds as advised by your doctor if you want to keep your persistent conditions under control, treat temporary ones, and improve your overall health and well-being. Here are suggestions to guide you:
- Find An Alternative. To save money, don’t skip doses or take half-doses of what’s prescribed by your physician. If you’re having trouble financially, or you are experiencing side effects, let your doctor know so they can find an alternative for you.
- Find Ways To Avoid Forgetting. If you forget to take your prescription, do not even try taking two doses. Overdosing can be fatal. So if you’re having difficulties remembering, talk to your doctor.
- Complete Your Medication. Even if you are already feeling better, continue to take your medication until it’s finished or your doctor tells you to stop. It’s great that you’re feeling better, but it’s vital to remember to finish everything as prescribed.
Order From Pharmacies Online
If you can’t take your medications on time, your condition may worsen and the disease may build a resistance to the medication. However, due to the health crisis that the world is currently battling, filling up your prescription becomes a challenge. All of this can be helped if you are using an app called My Medadvisor. This app will connect you with the most trusted pharmacies locally. With just a tap on your screen, you can order and have your medications delivered to your doorstep.